Saturday 15 October 2011

Lost Highway


Watched Lost Highway last night, then did a lot of thinking. Seemingly, the blond and red headed Patricia Arquette are actually the same person, Pete, Mystery Man and Fred are also the same person?! Right? It jumps around a bit, but the link for me was the red dress Renee wore in certain scenes. I like the way Renee at the beginning had a completely different persona to Alice- Renee was relatively cold and their relationship is very monotone. Thats because I don't really believe these encounters really happened like this. Its as though the events of the film are based around the guilt and denial Fred is going through while he is on death row. He wants to remember Renee as blonde haired Alice and himself as the young innocent Pete, so he morphs into a virtual reality in an attempt to come to terms with killing his wife. Love that the film ends where it begins and the especially the soundtrack 'I'm Deranged' by Bowie..

I really like Patricia Arquette, especially in True Romance. Think I might watch True Romance again this weekend, along with The Cook, The Thief, his Wife and her Lover. 


No comments:

Post a Comment